We have the experience and skills to detect all childhood conditions early and provide you with the appropriate treatment solutions.
Gentle and non-invasive examination
With a staff well trained in the child’s approach and child-friendly equipment, much of it portable, 99% of children, regardless of age can be examined at our clinic, gaining their trust with gentleness and love. The environment is extremely calm, appointments are made in such a way that the consultation falls within the time of day when the child is in a good mood and compliant. There is no overcrowding, there are toys and a playground, and during the days with nice weather, while you are waiting for the drops needed for a proper examination to take effect, you can spend the waiting time in Carol Park which is nearby or in the clinic’s courtyard, which has a special waiting area.
At Oftapro, children can be examined from the first days of life!
The best, the most modern equipment
Oftapro is the only ophthalmology clinic with 5 autorefractometers (Nidek, Topcon, PlusOptix) (all types) and 2 retinoscopes so that measuring the child’s dioptres is possible in all circumstances.
It is also the only clinic where in 99% of cases intraocular pressure in children can be measured (aplanotonometers, I-Care portable tonometer, non-nontact tonometer, AccuPen tonometer), without the child being asleep, in order to detect congenital or infantile glaucoma.
Oftapro has a Smartscope retinoscope, with which fundus photographs of all small patients can be taken in seconds, with the child awake or asleep, and 3 indirect ophthalmoscopes that can provide very detailed information about the child’s retina. Parents can have their child’s problem explained to them by means of pictures. It is the only clinic in Romania with long experience in using this device (over 10 years).
In the case of compliant children who are over 3 years old, we have the possibility to find out structural details of the retina with the help of an OCT (Optical Coherence Tomography OCT-Nidek) machine.
In 2022 Oftapro acquires Mon Pack one – a compact multifunctional stimulator combining all the tests needed for a complete, thorough evaluation of visual functions, like ganzfeld flash ERG and VEP, pattern ERG and VEP, multifocal ERG and VEP as well as sensory EOG and more. Mon Pack one is unique in Romania!
Exceptional patient-doctor relationship
All staff have exceptional training and long experience with children.
Each physician undertakes the examination, diagnosis and treatment management but the patient or doctor may request, in difficult cases, by appointment, a second opinion from a physician with greater expertise.
All of your child’s data will be kept secure in our database. They can be accessed by you at any time on request, and as an adult they will be able to access their full, detailed medical history in digital format when they need it.
Once the first consultation and initiation of treatment are performed, we will monitor the child on a long-term basis, as the clinic benefits from a complex imaging database (the clinic’s database contains the history of the last 20 years of patients treated in Oftapro).
In the – very rare – situations where the child cannot be examined even after several attempts, especially if it is an urgent, acute situation, the child will be examined under a brief general anaesthesia. The clinic is supported by two expert paediatric anaesthetists.
The Oftapro Clinic is fully digitized.
We can find your file from 20 years ago!
What conditions can be treated at Oftapro
Here are some of the most common paediatric ophthalmology conditions treated in our practice:
- Strabismus (any abnormality of alignment or movement and function of the extraocular muscles including paralysis of the extraocular muscles, Duane, Moebius syndrome, etc.)
- Refractive errors (dioptres): hyperopia, myopia, astigmatism, anisometropia (large differences in dioptres between the two eyes)
- Amblyopia (lazy eye)
- Progressive myopia – all new treatments for myopia control are available in Oftapro clinic
- Nasolacrimal duct obstruction (“tear duct obstruction”) and all its complications
- Recurrent tear duct obstruction
- Infections, inflammations and other diseases of the ocular surface
- Eyelid developmental abnormalities: palpebral ptosis (drooping eyelid) congenital entropion, congenital ectropion, symblepharon, etc (find out more).
- Dermoid cysts
- Other tumours of the eye and orbit (cysts, hemangiomas) link hemangiomas
- Congenital cataract (diagnosis, treatment of post-surgical amblyopia recovery)
- Conjunctival pigment nevus
- Congenital glaucoma (link congenital glaucoma)
- Retinopathy of prematurity (link Retinopathy of prematurity)
- Infections and inflammations of the orbit or tissues around the eyes (chalazion, hordeolum, preseptal cellulitis, etc.)
- Convergence failure
- Congenital malformations of the eye and orbit (microphthalmia, coloboma, anophthalmia, etc.)
- Trichiasis or distichiasis (abnormal eyelashes growth)
- Trauma to the eye and orbit, post-traumatic sequelae
ANY EYE CONDITION OF YOUR CHILD
*did you know that…
OFTAPRO, at first together with Corint Publishing House (in 2000!) and later on its own launched in several maternity hospitals in Bucharest and in the country but also in kindergartens the first programme of primary prophylaxis of ophthalmological disorders in young children – DOES YOUR CHILD HAVE A GOOD VISION?