The most important machines of the computer controlled optics center are the two last generation compact digital systems, having incorporated a digital processing unit (three-dimensional lens outline reproduction) and a scanning-centering-blocking lens unit.
The 2 units of the devices can function independently, so that during the execution of a lens grind, another frame can be scanned or a lens for another assembly can be focused-cupped.
It performs scanning in 3 dimensions, for both eyes or by copying from one eye to the other, according to: the frame, pattern, lens or demolens with a millimeter hundredth precision that is also kept at the final processing of the lens.
The processing unit realizes the simultaneous scanning of a lens both face and back and it has various processing types:
- automatic facet
- conducting facet: depending on the frame curving, the scanned profile, the percentage of distribution (%) on the lens outline, lens face and lens back, total or partial adjustment, scrolling
- processing without facet
- lens channel: channel depth and wide are adjustable (in trends of 0.05 mm), automatic channel, depending on frame curving, the percentage of distribution (%) on the lens outline, lens face and lens back, total or partial adjustment, scrolling
- lens face and back contra facet – glass, plastic, policarbonate
- specific program for lenses tangent on profile
- lens processing for screw frames
The scanning-focusing-cupping unit realizes:
- automatic position of the frame
- automatic insert of the palpable element
- automatic scanning of the frame, pattern, demolens
- three dimensional binocular automatic scanning: simetric binocular scanning, non symmetric binocular scanning, high precision binocular and monocular scanning)
- automatic bridge measurement
- automatic focusing, depending on lens type (monofocale, progressive, bifocale)