WHAT A LENS CONTACT PRESCRIPTION SHOULD CONTAIN:
- The ray of curvature, diameter, width at center
- Hydrophily (water content)
- Transmissibility and permeability to oxygen – what quantity of oxygen can pass through the lens to the eye – the bigger the quantity is, the better is the lens. Let the doctor decide what type of lens suits you!
We are at your disposal with lenses from the following companies:
Let the doctor decide what type of lens suits you!
Starting from the material they are made of and the specific parameters, there are more types of soft CL:
- CL soft conventional – with a one year lifetime, it may be worn every day, it is taken off in the evening
- CL with frequent and disposable replacement –lenses that are worn daily, they are taken off in the evening, they are replaced by another pair of lenses at different intervals: 3 months, a month, 2 weeks, a day (daily lens).
- It represents a healthier choice!
- This type of lens was created for a better protection of the eye.
- CL soft worn for a long time has a propensity for collecting proteins on its surface (from the fingers, eyelids, and case) which becomes a favorable environment for bacteria.
- Changing the lens more often, we avoid this trouble, we always have clean lenses on the eyes.
- A pair of disposable lenses is cheaper than CL standard, but more expensive referring to one year. They still are safer, cleaner.
- They don’t need enzymatic cleaning.
- Don’t make discount to quality!
- CL with extended carrying – are lenses that can be worn for a period of time without being taken off at night.
- They are lenses from special materials, with increased transmissibility to oxygen and/or with reduced width.
- Many doctors still recommend taking off the lens during night and only occasional to sleep with the CL.
HARD CONTACT LENSES
- Are made of silicone- acrilyte polymers (gas permeable lenses) or PMMA (less used).
- Are smaller in diameter than the soft lenses, they stay on the cornea.
- Adapting to hard lens is difficult.
- RGP (gas permeable lenses)
- Have the quality to let the oxygen and carbon dioxide pass through the lens.
- Are recommended in:
- Severe astigmatisms – till 4-5 dioptres, especially in slanting astigmatisms in which soft toric CL do not ensure a good sight.
- Keratoconus – eye damage, in which the cornea is deformed, has irregular astigmatism, epithelium of a bad quality.
- They are soft lenses, too. They can be without dioptres or colored with dioptres (they can correct myopia or hypermetropia and can change the color of the eyes in the same time). There are more types of colored lenses :
- Lenses that subtly change the color of the eyes and give a natural aspect.
- Lenses that intensify the initial color of the eyes and the result is a color in the same range (recommended to people with light colored eyes).
- Lenses that clearly change the initial color.
- Colored lenses with outline
We are at your disposal with colored lenses: blue, sapphire-blue, green, turquoise- green, violet, grey, hazel.
- Represent an alternative to glasses irrespective of dioptre
- Aspect – they are not noticed by the company
- Field of vision is normal
- A visual acuity with minimum 20% better than through glasses
- Comfortable and safe
- Ideal for sport activities
- Can be also worn by children
- You can wear sunglasses
At present over 3.000 patients wearing contact lenses are medically observed in OFTAPRO. Our conclusion after 10 years of experience is: a well prescribed contact lens, on a healthy eye, cannot create adaptation problems.
Oftapro offers you the largest range of soft and gas-permeable contact lenses from the market together with their care solutions.
THE SOFT CONTACT LENSES CARE
- Keeping the hygiene of hands, case, eye care solutions is the major condition to avoid complications of a infectious n
- Today, there are eye care solutions with a multiple role: disinfects, rinses, stores, and removes protein.
- Some eye-care practitioners recommend the use of enzymatic pills – once a week – dissolved in the eye care solution.
- It is recommended to patients who have the tendency to overaccumulate deposits of proteins on the lenses.
- The solution is suggested by the ophthalmologist according to the lachrymal secretion, allergies to some products.
DO NOT USE OTHER SOLUTIONS THAN THOSE MEANT TO SOFT LENSES CARE.
DO NOT USE PHYSIOLOGICAL SALT INSTEAD OF THESE SOLUTIONS.